Monday 17 November 2014

THE X FACTOR - Scary's Shock


Remember how I said Big Band week was one of my X Factor faves? Well, it didn't disappoint. Each act gave it their all, in their own way, and to be honest I agreed with Simon about Andrea not being as good as Leona and how I wished Lauren would have got up from her swing mid-song (although that's Brian Friedman's thing, not hers). 

Stereo Kicks smashed their Mack the Knife rendition, especially after only having 24 hours to learn it. 

My faves this week were Stereo Kicks and Fleur... Closely followed by Ben and, Jay, I have to say. 

As for Stevi. Well, I thought his song was bad. Bless him. I've mentioned before that there's an underlying good voice amist all the dad-dancing and big productions but that didn't show on Saturday. It was his time to go. 

However, then came Sunday's sing-off. 

Jay found himself there for the second week running - with Stevi, for the first time. 
'He's had a good run. They'll definitely send Stevi home,' I thought, probably with the rest of the nation. 

had doubts about Cheryl. She chose Stevi as Simon's wildcard, so I thought she might show some loyalty. 

The two guys sang. In all honesty, Jay wasn't that strong. But I still thought he'd be okay. 
But then Stevi came out - with his Queen song from last week - and he sang. He held his notes strongly, hardly went flat and he fought for his place. 

Then came the judges: 

Simon sadly sent Stevi on his way, followed by Louis. 

Mel was next. Did you notice before the judges choices, Cheryl gave Mel a shocked look? 
Well it was no wonder. She was confused. She gave Stevi his first compliment from her and praised his efforts. She then saved him and sent home Jay. What?! 

With that - Cheryl - still looking bemused - also opted to send Jay home and the public vote did too. 

Stevi is left to fight another X Factor week. 

And that week is: Elton John vs Whitney Houston. 

Oh yeah!! 

Bring on next Saturday..! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...