Tuesday 5 August 2014

Telly Jolly - Pre-Hol round up...


Well, it's that time of year when I pop off on holiday. That means that Telly Jolly will be having a break too... boo!

While I'm away, though, there's plenty of telly that I'll be missing out on and that you'll all be tuning in to - with some of the hottest soap stories of the year happening right now, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takaway tour hitting the road and the lead up to the Big Brother final. I've got to be honest, I'm ever so pleased that the final is the same night I return home, so I won't be missing out!

I'm going to do a round up of the main Telly Jolly faves before I go, just for you:

First up: SOAPS!

EastEnders is going full steam ahead, with a new mystery witness being asked to come forward in Lucy Beale's murder case. Who is he? Ian Beale is also going to confess the truth about what happened with Rainie that fateful night, too. Will his already fractured relationship with Denise survive?
Elsewhere, Kat and Alfie will have new baby twins by the time I return, and Stacey would have made a decision about taking up Jean's offer to break her out of jail! What's the big plan?
Dean Wicks also makes his move on Linda Carter (he jumps in for the snog!) Phil and Shirley begin an affair n the coming weeks, and Cora has an outburst that causes a bit of a stir...

Over in Hollyoaks land, the Lomaxes deal with the fall out from last night's car crash... I know what happens - and it's a tragic shocker! Nico also decides that she wants to find her real dad. Knowing Hollyoaks, it won't be plain sailing and we're sure to discover yet more Blake family secrets and lies. Who do you think is Nico's dad? And how will Sienna and Patrick feel about her wanting to discover him?
Lindsey is set to be caught up in Grace Black's latest scheme, and is forced to help her out over new character, Big Bob. What will pregnant Lind's have to do?
Cindy's heartbreaking Bipolar story is also set to take more dark twists, as she begins to believe that Sinead is having an affair with 'Rhys'. Wanting to run away, 'Rhys' tells Cindy that they can't leave without his baby daughter with Sinead - Katy, who we know sadly died from a heart defect earlier in the year. Believing that Tony and Diane's daughter Dee Dee is Katy, Cindy snatches her and runs out in front of a bus...
I'm also sure that Maxine Minniver is going to return over the coming weeks (she has to, right?) I'm a little bemused about how this week there has been no mention of her, or of Dodger, who we last saw get arrested. Did Dennis make it to the airport in time to tell her what happened? Who knows... unless I missed something!

I haven't really covered Coronation Street much, or Emmerdale at all, on Telly Jolly, as feedback at the beginning told me that 'Enders and 'Oaks were the faves.
But with Ken Barlow's return to Corrie last night, and Rob desperately trying to cover the fact that he murdered Tina, and not Ken's son, Peter, it looks as though it'll be just as action packed in Weatherfield this month.
Emmerdale is also preparing to tie up Donna Windsor's story, as she's currently been given just weeks to live, leaving her young daughter, April, with dad Marlon, who only recently learned of his daughter's existence. Marlon, who is set to marry Laurel, has found himself growing feelings for ex-wife, Donna, in her last days. What's going to happen there?

REALITY TV is next on the agenda, and the main player, Big Brother, is nearing the end. Last night, we learned that Christopher, Pav, Mark and Winston are all 'currently' up for eviction this week. I notcied Rylan announce 'currently' in such a way that almost stated things could soon change. Emma Willis promised that this week would concentrate on the Power of Money. Oo-err - the last time money was involved in a massive twist was when Connor walked away with half the prize fund a couple of years ago by sacrificing his place in the house. I wonder if something similar will happen this week?
If noms do stay as they are - I hope that Mark leaves. He's been almost unbearable for me to watch this week and is grating on me so much that I'm grateful to be going on holiday, in the hope that when I return he'll have been evicted!
I still want Helen to win... After that, I wonder who'll be this years Celebrity BB housemates?!
Looking ahead - the BBC is introducing Tumble this weekend, a new reality show where celebs train with Olympic gymnasts and perform routines... Expect lots of blood, sweat and tears - there have already been injuries and Mr Motivator (yes, him!) has already had to pull out due to one. It's basically Strictly Come Dancing, but on a balance beam!
The X Factor is also due for a return at the end of the month and this new trailer just oozes excitement. Welcome back Simon and Cheryl, eh!

So that's my round up done... I'm now off to pack my flip flops and find my sunglasses!

See you back here on the 15th, for a look towards the BB final!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...