Thursday 29 May 2014

Live blog - BGT semi-final 4



Tonight we're being treated to TWO golden-buzzer acts courtesy of Simon Cowell and Ant and Dec (ooooh!) and I have a tiny bit of gossip - Amanda's golden buzzer act, Paddy and Nico were sadly forced to withdraw from the competition due to 78-year-old Paddy sustaining a rib injury during a practice session.

Who's going to replace them, I wonder?

I'm also hoping tonight will bring some of the energy of Monday's semi-final, as I feel that the last two nights have been lacking that sparkle...

So, here's who we've got entertaining us tonight, along with my take on their performances:

Bars and Melody *MY WINNERS*

So, here they are, Simon's golden buzzer act! They were amazing in the audition and tonight they were fab again. Innocent, sweet but with an edge... These boys are adorable. Even Simon was swaying with a candle, and as Mr Cowell said they're 'real'. I want them to win!

Toju

Ant and Dec's golden buzzer! I loved him in his audition... Hilarious! Tonight, he was just as good - I was a tad disappointed that he wasn't better. I'm still rooting for Toju to get through to the final, as I just want to see him again!

Alan Turner-Ward

A typical BGT novelty act, good luck to the guy but I'm with Simon and was ready to press my buzzer after about 30 seconds. He belongs in a fun holiday camp, where we'd all have a laugh and a cheesy dance, but it's not for the Royal Variety show. But, hey, David looked like he was having fun!

Eva Iglesias

This woman can hold a note, but to be fair, she's just another in a long line of singers that come on this show, and then disappear from the limelight. She had lots of pizzazz and attitude - girl power if you like - but I disagree with the judges and doubt Eva will make the final.

Innova Irish Dance Company

Innova have bought a modern twist to Irish dancing which was refreshing to see. The girls are all in perfect sync and you can tell they've worked hard. I think there's definitely a place for them in the final and on the Royal Variety show.

Kieran and Sarah

These two sound lovely, but they'll be compared to Lucy from last night - and unfortunately for Kieran and Sarah, Lucy was better. Their performance was flawless, though, so deserve every chance to go through!

Lettice Rowbotham *MY RUNNER UP*

Lettice (I still can't believe that's her name!) and she reminds me of someone who'd fit into the Big Brother house pretty well! 
She's a very talented violin player, even though that's not really my cup of tea, I enjoyed it. And the staging was fabulous. I think she'll go through tonight.

Light Balance 

It's different, fast and fun... But I think the Innova Irish Dancing Company were better, if we're putting dancers against dancers. They could be in the final, as this kind of act usually goes down quite well with audiences. And the studio went wild for them. As did the judges!

Pyroterra 

I have respect for the fact the guys are talented in what they do... I couldn't do it. But I wanted, as Amanda said, more danger. Simon seemed happy with it but it kind of failed to keep me entertained. It didn't light my fire...

Britain's Got Talent is having a breather tomorrow night to make way for England's World Cup friendly, but it'll be back Saturday night.

As for me, I'm being a busy girl that evening, so will have to give the last semi-final a miss, but I'll catch it on catch-up on Sunday and bring my not-so-live blog from the comfort of my sofa.

Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...