Wednesday 28 May 2014

Live blog - BGT semi-final 3



I find with the BGT semi-final's that at least one night has the weakest acts, and I hope that night was last night.

Even the judges didn't seem very enthused, either because the talent wasn't up to standard or they just couldn't wait til the end of the show to run backstage and see who pushes Tina over the edge to her grisly death in Corrie! 

Once again, I predicted the winner and runner up correctly (YAY ME!) - so here are tonight's contestants, along with my humble opinion. 

Can I make it three-lucky-guesses-in-a-row?

Brian Chan

I don't know what this is or why he's even in the semi-final. If these designs are his, then he's clearly talented. But I'm with Simon and Amanda. I'd buzz him right out... And so would the Queen. She told me ;) 
The most entertaining part was David dressing Simon in the pink head-dress. You did look silly by the way, Si. 

Cartel 

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Jamie twist. Simon was surprised indeed!
Now even after my dance group comments, I have to say I think these guys brought it back fresh to the Diversity and Flawless days. Simon was proved wrong and Cartel are in with a shot!

Crazy Rouge

Very Las Vegas! Great show opener, but as I've said before, dance acts are wearing thin on this show now, although I think if they were to win the men taking their shirts off will make the Queen blush!
Ellis Chick *MY RUNNER-UP*

Such a cute likeable little face. And sang just like a mini-Bublé... 
Now everyone who knows me knows that I like the Bublé just a little bit...but not as much as my Auntie Elaine who also adores this song, too. It's a massive thumbs up from me, and her to I reckon!

Kitty & Rosie

Bless them, they're quirky and likeable people. Simon wanted to split them up, but can he be swayed? It seems not, as such. I thought it was nice, sweet and quite cute and they loved it on that stage, but they won't be in the final...
As Simon said - winners of the top prize on a high-class karaoke comp, maybe? 

Lucy Kay *MY WINNER*

I can't help feeling that Lucy has dwelled on the sob part of her story... 
Undeniably a gorgeous voice, although I don't think she has huge stage presence, but I do think she's got a very good chance of winning a place in the final. 

REAformed

Alesha's golden buzzer - so there was a lot of living up for the girls. They looked like a proper established girl band already (so Louis Walsh says!!) Nice voices and plenty of sass. It's a thumbs up from me... But baby-Bublé nabs it, still. 

Sam Jones 

Sam and baby Leo are adorable. Some parts were hard to understand while Sam was doing the voice of Leo, but the act was entertaining and funny in parts, although a little difficult to get at times. 

Yanis Marshall, Arnaud and Medhi

Haha, these guys are great and dance a hell of a lot better in the highest of heels than I ever could! Looked great, a fab novelty act and were fun to watch, but I think their first audition was better. Loved it still!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...