Tuesday 27 May 2014

Live blog - BGT semi-final 2



So last night Collabro sailed through to the final, with Darcy the sexy magican man going through as runner-up...

Jon Clegg and Darcy split the judges, and therefore it was a very close public vote. 

I think Jon is definitely going to be the wild card, and I'm saying that before the results of the second semi-final are in! 

David Walliams is probably hoping for a drier show tonight, after his water drenching treat from Alesha last night...

So here we go, Jolly's... My take on tonight's acts:

Ed Drewett

Lovely song writer and deserves to go far in my eyes, as he seems a grounded lad, who's worked hard  to get where he is today. 
It's always brave to do an original song on a show like this and it paid off. But as Simon said, doing a second song would have been even more beneficial. 

The Addict Initiative *MY RUNNER-UP*

I hate sounding a bit of a nelly negative, but this was just another dance act to me. Clever story-telling but it mimicked the first audition. I think they might go through tonight, as they were the strongest so far. My runners-up, but only just. 

Bolddog FMX Team

Having pre-recorded their performance as it was dubbed too dangerous for live TV (don't try this at home folkes!) they were expected to give high thrills and hopefully no spills... 
What these guys do is very clever, dangerous and maybe a tad mad, but it didn't keep me entertained for long, once I saw one amazing trick, I'd seen them all. I could easily have walked away and come back. 

Sweetchix

Sweet, indeed. But was it powerful enough? I think they may be one of the best acts so far tonight, but I'm not sure the public will vote for them - although the Essex massive might pull through! Definitely look older than they are...

James Smith * MY WINNER*

I was sat there thinking 'please be good' as I still didn't have a winner. And he was more than good... Loved his take on the song as seems to be a pure talent. They saved the best til last tonight! Thank goodness for James Smith!

Jodi Bird

After her first audition I was hoping Jodi would be great. I think she started off a little weak and was squeaky in places. She definitely has talent but her first audition was lots better than this, I think. Sorry Jodi fans!

Koni Puppets

Good idea and entertaining to a point. But again, like a few acts tonight, once it's been seen, it's been seen. Four buzzers, which I can't remember ever happening, and I wanted to cringe for them. 

Mini Moves

Cute, with lots of attitude, it was a great show opener. They will go far in dance-land, and the land of Scotland will no doubt vote for them - but I doubt they'll win BGT. 

Ricky K 

I always like the under-dog types who have worked hard all their lives to make their dream come true. For such a simple act, which looks easy, I bet it's not. A buzz from Simon, I kind of understand why... Seems such a nice guy, but maybe a bit of a one trick pony... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...