Monday 26 May 2014

Live blog - BGT semi-final 1



Tonight was the first live semi-final in this years BGT and as ever, it did not disappoint.

With a very tanned Ant and a not-so tanned Dec at the helm what could possibly go wrong? Apart from an egg-throwing incident a-la last year...

Simon, David, Amanda and Alesha looked as gorgeously important as ever, sat in front of their big red buzzers - Simon using his as appropriately as ever.  

But what did we all think of the acts? Here's my take: 

Darcy Oake 

Darcy is another one whose first audition I loved. His magic mesmerised me, as did his looks (Shhh, don't tell the boyfriend!)
How DID he do it!? 
And tonight... Well, a class of his own. It was so clever and I wouldn't mind at all if he made the final.

CountryVive

As far as line dancing goes this was pretty good. It isn't really my cup of tea but I think this group bring it into the 21st century, and it was a quite modern and sexy routine. It certainly wasn't a "mess" as Simon said, although I do usually agree with him. 
Will they go through? I don't think so, but the guys and girls should be proud of themselves. 

Collabro *MY WINNER*

Beautiful first audition and beautiful performance tonight. If these boys go through as winners tonight I'd be thrilled. 
Sometimes you don't need to say much, and this group left me speechless. Standing ovation well deserved. 

Christian Spridon

Enter, Mr David Walliams' gold buzzer choice! As Dec said, he's flamboyant and OTT! He also fancies David! 
We all like a bit of fun in these shows, and he gave us that... Floating in singing it's raining men was definitely a quirk... Simon pressed his buzzer, and so did I! I enjoyed the scantily clad men lots more! Along with his judges critique, where Alesha drenched David!
But should Christian go through, anyway? In the words of Big Brother, I guess - YOU DECIDE! 

Henrietta Adewole 

Oh dear... As singers always seem to do well on BGT, I thought Henrietta would do okay. 
For me, it was pitchy in places and at times out of tune. I feel bad for her, as maybe it was a song choice thing, but fellow singer Micky pipped her to the post tonight. 

Lauren and Terrell

We always want the little'uns to do amazing and these two were good. But, for me they weren't as great as I wanted them to be. The end was really well done, but I had hoped for more, unfortunately. I'll be surprised if they go through later, and if they do, then they'll need to do better. 

Micky Dumoulin

Dont know what it is but Micky reminds me of Olly Murs a little bit. Seems Alesha thinks the same!
Great song choice - I loved it. He's got a nice voice. But just 'nice' sometimes isn't enough... Quirky performer with a hint of cheekiness.
Fab note at the end, he held it well. I hope he has a shot at final-dom. 

Jon Clegg *MY RUNNER-UP*

I loved his first audition, and I also loved tonight... I like this sort of act, anyway, but Jon seemed to have everyone entertained with some great impressions. Loved the Ant and Dec one!
No more to say, apart from that he deserves a place in the final!

Patsy May

Its a muppet. And I don't really like muppets. But her first audition was funny, I just wish it had been as funny tonight. She could definitely give Miss Piggy a run for her money, as my mum said while watching. I didn't think much. (Sorry, Muppet family!) I would have preferred more comedy. Apparently there's "only one Patsy May." Thank goodness for that! 


Ok, so after realising I sound like Simon Cowell's love child (I'm not by the way!) tonight, I'm now going to watch Corrie and wait for the results show. 

Who will go through? And who will be the Wild Card?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...