Sunday 1 June 2014

No-so-live blog - BGT semi-final 5



So after a mahoosive lazy Sunday, I'm finally catching up with last night's BGT - where I've heard already that Amanda's golden buzzer, Paddy, managed to make a recovery in time for the show -(publicity?!)

Apart from that, I've managed to keep away from any sources who may know the final result, so I have no idea who's through to the final next weekend. 

Let's hit play...

La Voix & The London Gay Big Band

It's a bit Vegas in Benidorm... Fun, and definitely variety, with La Voix having a great voice indeed. I don't think they'll go through but it was good to sing along to. 

Bailey McConnell *MY RUNNER UP*

Beautiful Bailey... Loved this song, love his voice. He's a talent waiting to burst out on to the music scene and I think he'll be a huge contender to win the whole show. The fact he writes just as well as he sings at his age is special. Simon, sign him soon!

Kings and Queens

I'm not really a massive fan of dance troups, as you'll have read this week, you've got to really stand out for me to look and think 'wow'. Loved the song choice they danced to, and the change of costumes were clever. Bit of Peter Andre cheese was very random, but I do like a bit of Mysterious Girl. 
They were good, but not good enough to go through. With Simon all the way on this one. Not sure what the other three judges were watching. 

Peat Loaf and Elaine

For me, tribute acts do not belong in or on the Royal Variety - and I felt a bit cringed out watching. Elaine actually has a better voice than Peat Loaf himself... She'd have been better off on her own. 

Andrew Derbyshire

Andrew seems like a lovely guy and has a nice voice, but again, I don't see a place for him on the Royal Variety show. I don't think he'll go through with other stronger singers (aka Bailey) in the competition...

Jensen Zhu 

Oh dear. This was like really bad slap stick! I'm glad some people, along with the judges, enjoyed it... It was certainly different! Sounds like a lovely man... Bless him, I hope he finds a girlfriend!

Kieran Lai

Talented, no doubt, but it looked a tad clumsy in places. Considering the acts that were last night, I think he could do well... But that is only because of the lack of talent tonight. Like Simon said, I got bored after a while. 

Paddy & Nico 

For her age, the moves Paddy does are pretty fab. But from a dance perspective it was a mess. I reckon she'll go through because she's a sweet old lady. The judges were nice to her and she should be proud but for a talent show, she made a few mistakes in the routine, and if it was anyone else, of a younger age, they would have been ripped to shreds by them. 

Jack Pack *MY WINNERS*

Saving the best til last! 
Amazing voices, and seem like down to earth, nice guys. I love that they have their own style, fashion-wise and I reckon they could give bands such as The Overtones a run for their money. 
They blew the other acts out of the water. A tough one between these guys and Bailey, I hope they both go through. Gave me goosebumps. Another act Simon should sign up, and fast! 


Was lovely to see Richard & Adam and Attraction perform in the results show... That's why Attraction won! 

I was thrilled that Jack Pack won the show, totally deserved and I'm now backing them to go all the way and win BGT 2014. 

It was a little disappointing that Paddy & Nico went through over Bailey as she made mistakes and Bailey had a perfect performance. 

So, next, it's the final! And to find another winner... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...