Monday 1 June 2015

BIG BROTHER: What a weekend!


What a weekend in the Big Brother House!

Friday night's mass eviction was a rollercoaster ride to watch, and the element of the 'time machine' type revolving ride was such a clever idea.

Starting at the top, it was no surprised to me that the twins were first to go, as they were favourite on many polls and on social media. They will be missed, though, as they were good all-rounded characters. At least they got a proper eviction, coming down the stairs and all - unlike poor Harriet and Kieran, who were victims of the cruel garden twist, with the revolving time machine.

Like the twins, Harriet was a big character, and Kieran was growing on me more and more each episode. He was the one almost everyone in the house turned to for advice and support. Harriet was so upset on her departure, wasn't she?

Then, Sarah was the last to leave, and also got a proper door and stair eviction. Whether she will be missed by the viewers as much as she will by the housemates, I'm not sure, but collectively, I want these four back!

Being introduced to Harry Amelia, Marc and Sam - I immediately decided that Marc was going to cause heaps of manure. He has. It bodes for great TV, and it's obvious that the four new ones were put in to rock a happy house... Personally, however, I liked the way the house was going. It had its fair share of short-lived dramas, but it was nice to see a whole group of BB contestants who looked genuine for a change, instead of a few genuine's and the rest being game playing snakes.
Harry Amelia, I think, will be fine. But that's it. I think there's an insecurity about her, and that's where the getting naked comes from. I don't think Harry will last as long as the other newbies.
Sam seems the most 'normal' of the lot, but I wonder if underneath her 'nicey nicey' act there's a little insincerity. Not sure why, but it's just a hunch.
Then - Simon returned! (Told you, didn't I!). Mr Showbiz, last night, actually proved that it's all an act and he too is insecure and doesn't take criticism well.

Back to Marc, though, and he's certainly getting what he wants. People talking about him! They comments he made on Friday to Chloe, especially, were uncalled for. I was rooting for Danny as he called him out - 'This is MY house!' - and also to Jack for standing up to him over the weekend. I have noticed, however, that Marc riles people up, and then goes 'Woah, what did I do? I didn't mean anything...' yeah, right! If I was there, I just wouldn't entertain him, just like Nick, I think, said: Kill him with kindness.
As for Jade, I definitely agree with the people of Twitterland, who think that he knows things about her private life, and she's crapping herself with the thought it might all come out from him. Either that, or they've had a 'thing' in the past or fancy each other now. The lady who protests too much, comes to mind. She's seems desperate to get him out, crying in the Diary Room, about him flashes her. (Yes, he did flash the group, and, no, from what we've seen, he's not been given a telling off for it. I feel he should be pulled up - but maybe it's different from Aaron because he was singling someone out and being provocative?)

There's also been another nominations twist, where two of the new housemates have been chosen by the public to put two of the original housemates up for eviction. Sam and Simon are the chosen two, and we will find out this week who they've picked.

All in all, on one hand - I miss the old four! I liked a happy house for a change. But on the other, I am looking forward to the ups and downs the new people are bringing. I won't be surprised if Simon and Harry don't last very long.
I also see Marc being up for every eviction possible, but maybe the public will keep him in for the 'entertainment'?
It's always hard for new ones to seal their house positions, but this original lot are so tight, and liked, it'll be even harder this series. The public are also loyal to the core, to original housemates.

And, this is Timebomb. Anything could happen...

MORE BIG BROTHER

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

DRAMA NEWS

SOAP NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...