Monday 24 November 2014

THE X FACTOR - Double elimination sees Stevi and OTY leave


How did you all like Elton vs Whitney week? 

The shock of the weekend was definitely Stevi's performance... No, not the Egyptian 'I'm Still Standing' rendition (which was special to say the least!) but his sing-off last night... Once again he showed that he does have some good vocal talent and I wish he'd used them more in the Saturday night shows. 

It was Stevi's week to go, though, as he was up against judge favourite Andrea. Only Simon saved his Stevi, and commented that more passion was shown during his performance than Andrea's and I have to agree. Andrea's Saturday night performance was also not up to par in my opinion, and I agree with entertainment journo Dan Wooton in that Andrea's becoming too much of a one trick pony. 

The double elimination also saw Only The Young go home on Saturday. I'm not sure if I was surprised by this or not, but for me, Stereo Kicks are proving themselves to be the stronger group... 

Highlight of the performances? Ben and Fleur yet again. I love how Ben changed I Will Always Love You into a version of his own and disagreed when Cheryl said taking a risk was too much at this stage. Surely that's better than being the same each week?!

Next week the final five sing two songs - one of which will be chosen by us viewers in a Jukebox theme. 

Head over to the X Factor website on tap the app before 11am today to have your choices heard... 

I've picked mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...