Saturday 1 November 2014

EASTENDERS' Creepiest Halloween


Last night's EastEnders was pretty much the most eerily felt one I think I've seen - and this time last year, Michael Moon was murdered right there in the Square, by Queen of all witches, Janine!

Nick Cotton's re-intro has been beautifully done. Subtle hints to Dot, and the way his ghostly (and ghastly!) reflection lingered at her kitchen window was enough to make me go goose-bumpy. And this was just Thursday's episode!
Last night, however, stepped up a gear when the truth finally dropped for Dot. I was pleased that she realised herself that her son was alive. It gave her the gumption she deserves, and proved that she wasn't a 'silly old fool.'

'I know you're here, Nick...' and out he popped, lighter in hand, wishing his dear old Ma a 'Happy Halloween,' in only a way Nick could.

Perfect re-entrance for the perfect 'Enders villain.

With Nick, though, I hope to see him have a different edge about him this time. Dominic Treadwell-Collins has done wonders since being back at the helm of EastEnders. He's bought Ronnie back to her best and made the no-so-perfect, but my new favorite, couple in her and Charlie. So I hope the writers are going to take Nick to new heights too...

Maybe a grandson will change him? Maybe he's met his match in his new daughter-in-law?

I'm excited, either way...

The 'new' Abi has excited me too. I say new, as she's literally had a personality transplant since Jay ended their relationship and she accidentally killed her dog, Tramp.

I think the change came with her cold - 'things die' - comment to Emma Summerhayes. That was the turning point for me to make her a big suspect in Lucy's murder case.  Although I'm still sticking by my theory that anyone who could look a possible suspect now, probably isn't the killer at all...

It was Abi, though, who was most scary in last night's ep. Without knowing it to be her at this point - the Weeping Angel mask was horribly frightening... The silence of the scene. I could tell it was a girl from the height of the person Lauren was chasing, and we soon found that Cameron wasn't behind the mask, stalking Lauren on this occasion...

Why would Abi want to scare her sister to this degree, though? Is she just a twisted teen, or is there more to it?

Lorna Fitzgerald, who plays Abi, has said that her character just wants a bit of attention and set out to only scare Lauren, with no ulterior motive... Do I believe her? Well, do you?

With Christmas coming up, the focus will certainly be shifting back to Lucy's murder - as we're sure to find out more clues, leading up to February' big reveal.

In just over three months time, we'll have the answers we want - but will the story really stop there?

MORE SOAPS

DRAMA NEWS

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...