Monday 20 October 2014

THE X FACTOR - There go the girls...


What did we all think of 80's week? 

As I mentioned previously, it's usually my least favorite theme, but I did enjoy this week's performances. 

My faves were Ben Haenow, Lauren Platt and Fleur East, with me also agreeing with what Simon said about Andrea. Hopefully next week's 'Movie' theme will bring him back to his best. 

We said goodbye, in last night's results show, to two of Cheryl's girls - leaving just Mel and Simon with a full house of acts. 

Stephanie getting the least amount of votes wasn't a shock to me, and in my opinion she deserved to leave. 

She was lacking a connection with the audience, and although she may have confidence issues, this marred her performances so much that it ate her up. I had never click with Steph's performances, even at audition stage. If I were Cheryl I would have chosen Lola over her, and hoped Kerrieann got the Wild Card place - but hey! 

Seeing Stereo Kicks in the bottom two wasn't a great shocker - Simon (once again, being right!) hit the nail on the head. Louis doesn't know what to do with them. 

It isn't his fault - an eight boy boy-band was never ever going to be easy. When they sing good - which they did in the sing off - they're great. Funnily enough, they picked their own song here. Maybe they should do so next week, and see if it makes a difference. 

Either way, Louis had best learn fast as to what to do with Stereo Kicks - or he'll see himself swiftly left with just one act. 

Did Chloe Jasmine's bottom two status surprise you?

It kind of did me... I enjoyed her performance, although I know many people didn't like it. She was always at risk of becoming a 'one trick pony' as she's such a one-off. 

Her sing off performance was bad, though. She screeched, was flat and out of tune, and unfortunately - if she'd sung at her best, I think she would've been saved. But everything happen's for a reason and I think she'll be a success out of the show. 

I sure hope so, anyway. 

Who was your pick of the bunch this week?

MORE REALITY TELLY

SOAP NEWS








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...