Friday 22 August 2014

HOLLYOAKS - While I was away...


I've been home from hols for a week now, and as far as Telly Jolly goes, I'm well and truly caught up with all things 'Oaks!

Things have been a little quiet from me this week - mainly doing my day job and catching up with my favourite soaps. (There will be an EastEnders - from my eyes only blog, later)

Over in everyone's village of choice (Hollyoaks, of course!) so much can happen in the course of one or two episodes, so trying to catch up on a week has made me feel as though I've lived their lives myself. Leaving me little short of extremely exhausted!

When I tuned in, the Lomaxes were still reeling from their parents tragic deaths and Lindsey was still doing all she could to get Freddie to confess to Fraser's murder, so that Joe would be released. Now, I'm still trying to understand where the hatred for Joe came from in Freddie's mind. Sure, he loved Lindsey and wanted her for himself, but he lived with them for years and years without growing so much dislike for his brother that he'd get him banged up for murder...

I thought the 'pin-the-blame-on-Sam' twist was brilliant, though. Obviously not for her family, but it means that we get to keep both Roscoe bro's in the show. Despite saying bye-bye to Sandy. How will the brothers grim put this all behind them. And I can't wait to find out who's really the daddy of Lindsey's baby. My money's still on Fred.

Mercedes and Lindsey's cemented 'sismance' was also a nice little thing to come out of all this. I've never been a number one fan of Mercedes McQueen, but her line of 'I was talking about you,' when speaking about letting someone in, when Lindsey actually thought Mercy was talking about Freddie was incredibly sweet. I think that these two will play a pinnacle role in supporting Cindy through her bi-polar, too, when she's finally found. Girl power in the village!

Elsewhere, just when it looked like Finn would get his comeuppance, and Ste had found out that it was him who attacked John Paul, Finn got off again...
But with his ex, Amber Sharpe, making a return with their daughter, Bella, I hope it's around this that Finn gets caught out. Of course, the evil schoolboy tries to attack Nancy Osborne in upcoming episodes, too, so the net will certainly be closing in.

Next week will also see the return of Theresa McQueen (and subsequently, Myra!) as she plans her 'get-out-of-jail.' Sonny goes to visit Theresa in prison, and whatever is said leaves Theresa desperate to get home and fight to keep her daughter, Kathleen-Angel. That should be an exciting start to a brand new McQueen plot!

Cameron and Peri's growing friendship is also a nice slow-burning story. Even though Cam helped Freddie set Sam up for Fraser's murder, who can blame him? She took away years of his life, when he was just a guy who fell for her daughter... And I think he wants to try and be a good father-figure to Peri.

The Blake family are still looking to be a firm Hollyoaks focus, with Maxine's return, Patick turning up again and Sienna falling in love with her twin brother, Dodger. (Yes, LOVE! And this even confuses Anna Passey, who plays her!) We're certainly going to be delving deeper into the past of the Blake's and why Patrick and Sienna are as screwed up as they seem!

There's probably lots more that I could talk about - but I'll leave it there, as I have a feeling that next week will be action-packed.

Who's looking forward to it?

MORE SOAPS

REALITY TV

COMEDY PROGS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...