Sunday 25 May 2014

I was right! Shirl' is his MUVVA!

For the last few weeks, I've noticed an underlying difference in the way Shirley and Mick Carter's relationship has played out on screen.



"Mick is Shirley's son..." I said to my family. 

Tuesday nights fab ep, when Stan mentioned Mick's 'mum' trying to drown him and Tina telling Mick that their mum wasn't actually there, made me even more sure! 

And last night, in an episode I haven't managed to watch yet in full, confirmed my suspicions. YES! I love being right, just ask my lovely boyfriend! 

The lovely Danny Dyer has confirmed that it'll be a while before his character finds out about his sister being his muvva, telling Digital Spy, "This is a massive revelation for the audience, but they've found out a long time before Mick will. I think it's a while off that Mick finds out..."

He also reveled that Linda Henry found out a long time before he did!



"I did not see it coming at all! It was a complete shock to me. Linda knew for three months before I did and she didn't tell me, because she was told not to tell anyone. 
When I found out, Linda didn't know that I'd been told, so I sent her a little text message saying, 'Hope you're having a good evening, mum!' She rang me straight away afterwards so we could talk about it!
Dominic Treadwell-Collins, the show's executive producer, had put the story to Linda first and he said, 'If you don't want it to happen then it won't happen', but she was thrilled with it.
Mine and Linda's scenes are always a joy. There's always this underlying thing there between us. I'm always on the verge of tears when I'm acting with her, because there's just something there underneath that you can't quite put your finger on. I now get why Linda had been playing our scenes in a certain way. She's known all along, so now I look back on our scenes and think, 'Oh, so that's why you played it that way!"



So, were you as shocked as Phil Mitchell?
And what do we all think will happen when Mick does find out? 

Because if Kat and Zoe Slater taught us anything, it's that secrets like that don't stay secret for long...

"You ain't my muvva!"

"YES I AM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...