Tuesday 16 June 2015

THE X FACTOR - New judges confirmed


There have been rumours for weeks - even months - about who'll be this year's The X Factor judges.

And it's now official:

Simon Cowell will return, as will Cheryl Fernandez-Versini.

But the real news is that Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora are replacing Mel B and Louis Walsh.

Rita, who's had a guest judge stint on the show in 2012, and Nick are both really excited about their new roles by the sounds of it:

"I am excited to be coming back to The X Factor – I had a ball here in 2012. This is a journey I can't wait to embark on to find some talented singers. It’s the new generation taking over. Booooom" said Rita. 

While Nick said: "I love X Factor and have watched the series religiously since it started, so obviously I'm hugely excited to be joining the show. Music is my job and my passion and I'm really looking forward to seeing what talent we can find and nurture this year. I can't wait for Judges Houses in Oldham!"

When I first heard the Grimmy rumours, I was a little disheartened about whether or not he would fit the bill, but to be fair his knowledge of the music industry seems faultless, and he's always been a quirky character,  He may just fit right in, so I'm happy o give him a chance with my eyes wide open. 
Rita Ora, I've always liked and she was great on BBC1's The Voice. She and Cheryl seem quite alike, in many ways, so the sisterhood should do nicely! 

In fact, Cheryl, in the official press release, spoke of her delight at the new judges and other changes to the show: “I haven't been as excited about an X Factor season since I first became a judge. The addition of Rita and Grimmy along with some interesting changes we've made to the format has refocused us to do what we do best, finding talent and making stars. I cannot wait to get started!”

When it was revealed that Louis wouldn't be back, I was a bit disappointed, as Lou Lou always gave a laugh and as mad as you could get watching him, he was entertaining - but maybe looking forward, it was what the show needed. A whole new look? The last time Louis was axed, Simon bought him back before the show even aired, but something tells me this might not be the case this time... 

"It’s taken a while! But I am very happy to be able to confirm our line-up of judges for The X Factor this year. The combination of Nick, Cheryl and Rita is going to be a lot of fun! They all bring a lot of enthusiasm and passion for music to the show.” “I have a feeling I am in for a bit of a rough time but sometimes you have to embrace the craziness and now, with luck, we hope to find a star.” boss-man Simon said. 

Of course, Caroline Flack and Olly Murs are fronting the show, in a move I'm pretty excited about, and after The Xtra Factor host Sarah-Jane Crawford stood down, whisper has it that Rochelle Humes could be her replacement. But we'll have to wait and see.

The new series will see the auditions move out of the rooms and straight in to the arenas once again. There are other changes to the shows format, too, which so far are being kept secret.

What do you think about the new judges line up?


MORE REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

DRAMA NEWS

SOAP NEWS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...