Thursday 28 May 2015

EASTENDERS: Bye Bye Max!


I almost wanted to cry when I saw the headline that Jake Wood was leaving EastEnders and Max Branning behind... But before I could, I realised it was only for a year long break. Phew!

I love the character of Max. And I love the way EastEnders keep him fresh. For a lothario, who's had more than a fair share of drama over the last nine years, it's almost impossible to get fed up of Max.

Even when his character's done some unforgivable things, just like with Ian Beale, as a viewer, you find yourself forgiving him, accepting what he's done and soon forgetting all about it too!

Jake Wood is looking forward to some time off to pursue other projects while he's away from Walford, saying:

"I've been at EastEnders for nine years and I feel the time is right to give Max a break. But it won't be for too long as I shall be back to see Max face another chapter of drama."

When the big boss, Dominic Treadwell-Collins came back to the Walford helm, he also made a deal with Jake to give Max a break:

"When I returned to EastEnders, both Jake and I agreed that Max has been through so much over the past 9 years that we would give both him and Jake a break when the opportunity arose. That opportunity has come and it is the perfect time to send Max Branning out with a bang that will send ripples through the Square for the rest of the year until Jake returns."

Ripples? No one does ripples like EastEnders do, especially since Dom's return as boss, so I'm really looking forward to what's in store for Max, but it's been rumoured to be due to an 'untenable situation over the summer that he can't escape.' Ooh! 

Max's departure will surely have an effect on his youngest daughter, Abi, who's living with the Mitchell's currently, to be with Ben. But with Ben's head soon to be turned by the Coker's grandson, Paul, how will she feel if (and when) she finds out about her boyfriend's disloyalty and her dad's departure? 

Just a thought, but Max's departure and/or return could also see Lauren welcomed home to Walford, too? 

MORE SOAPS

DRAMA NEWS

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...