Monday 10 November 2014

The X Factor - Louis' decision send Paul off...


What a weekend full of talent over on The X Factor... It could only, possibly be topped with Big Band week! (Which is back - next week - yay!)

At the end of Saturday night, I had no idea who would be in the bottom two, as the quality was so high. Lauren really pulled it out of the bag as Cheryl's only girl left, and Stereo Kicks handled their 'extra member' very well!

My faves are still very much Ben and Fleur...

Paul Akister was the unlucky chap who was voted out last night, after a fabulous (note my Sharon O impression in your mind!) sing-off with Jay James.

A few people now I've spoken to don't really rate Jay. And like Paul. But for me, Jay's sing-off was emotional, heart-felt and very easy to watch. Don't get me wrong, I like Paul, too, but he's a tad awkward on stage, I feel, and that makes me feel awkward watching him. On a CD, I'd listen to him happily, but he's got less of a stage persona than Jay. And The X Factor for me would be someone both watchable, entertaining and a good voice.

Some say that Louis should not have taken it to the public vote - but maybe he just couldn't choose? Or maybe he wanted to save Jay, but felt it best to say he couldn't choose as he didn't want to upset Mel? As a judge, Louis does need to 'man-up' somewhat... but hey, I'd miss him should he not be on the panel!

Of course, now this still leaves Simon with all four acts. Mel with one, Cheryl with one and Louis with his two groups.

People are also saying about Stevi. Should he still be in?

I've said before that as far as the 'entertaining', 'comedy' acts go (think Wagner and Jedward...) Stevi can actually hold a note and sing. He's not the best, and he knows it, but we've also got to remember that Cheryl chose him as Simon's wild card - so he was given a place after the final 12 were chosen and good luck to him!

Big Band week always brings out the raw talent in people, I believe. So I'm looking forward to next week!

MORE X FACTOR

SOAP NEWS

DRAMA GOSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...