Monday 1 September 2014

Return of The X Factor


The X Factor jumped back on to our screens this weekend with a Saturday and Sunday double bill. 

Cheryl and Mel B's relationship was fab and I can only see it getting stronger. As two powerful women, there's no need for them to compete, they both know who they are and are comfortable with that so I really don't think it'll be a catty bitch-fest this series.

Simon Cowell was back, too, of course and it's true what the backstage rumours were saying. He's more relaxed, chilled and genuinely funny. 

Louis was, just, Lou Lou. And we wouldn't expect anything else!

I felt that the calibre of contestants was very high this weekend. Especially as it was only the first two shows. Amy's return was emotional and I'm glad she did so well. Goosebump performance. 
The fact she's back - because of Cheryl - leaves me hoping that it's the Girls category that Cheryl gets. 

The woman who was once in Girl Thing, Linzi, didn't sound great and I think Cheryl and Simon were quite strong to stick to their guns and not put her through. It was nerves and the passion of wanting something so much that too over, I think, but I also have an inkling that she maybe wasn't the strongest singer in the group back in the day, anyway. 

The boys group, and the men we've seen so far in the Overs category sounded fab - especially the man who was in the Navy. He gave a highly emotional performance and I hope he does well. 

With so much talent pumped into one weekend, I'm excited to see how the series progresses. The double weekenders of X Factor are here to stay, to accommodate the room auditions, going on to the arena auditions, before Bootcamp. 

Who stood out to you this weekend? 

And did anyone go through who you would've given the boot to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...