Saturday 7 June 2014

BGT Final - Who's going to win?

Tonight is going to bring a night of variety, entertainment and passion. (No I'm not talking about the England World Cup friendly!)

It is, of course, the final of Britain's Got Talent.

Who will win? Who deserves to win? Will the winner be a judges Golden Buzzer act?

I'm going to give my lowdown on the finalists, before their big night, and tell you who I'm backing to win a gig at the Royal Variety show.


Collabro

The musical theatre singing quintet blew me away with their tear-jerking performance of Bring Him Home. Anyone who gives me goosebumps are a sure-fire thing. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys win, or get an Il Divo style record contract.

The Addict Initiative

Spooky troupe, who tell a story through dance rather well. I don't have high hopes for them winning, but I am looking forward to what they bring to the stage tonight.

James Smith

Armed with his guitar. James is a definite star in the making. While I think he might be overshadowed tonight, there's no way he will be in the future, although it might be a few years before we see him head to Glastonbury.

Darcy Oake

The magician who's got it ALL. I don't know how he manages to do the big tricks he does so smoothly and so well on such a massive scale. I have to rewind, just to see if I can spot the mysteries of magic. I don't think he'll win, but the Magic Council will be impressed!

Lucy Kay

I have to be honest, there was something about Lucy I wasn't too sure of. She's got a great voice and a quirky style, but something's telling me she won't win the final tonight or have a big career after. The judges certainly like her though and she got a standing ovation after her semi-final performance.

Yanis Marshall, Arnaud and Mehdi

 As I've said previously these guys are so much fun and I'd love a night out, dancing, with them. But I don't think the public will vote them as winners and if they did, I'm not sure The Queen or her Royal family will enjoy this act as much as some of the others in tonight's final.

Lettice Rowbotham

Lettice (still makes me smile saying her name!) is going all out tonight. She's reported to have borrowed a violin worth £1.5million to perform with.
While Lettice's act isn't necessarily my cup of tea, she's very good and could well be a dark horse tonight.

Paddy and Nico

So, I was a tad disappointed that Paddy and Nico won their semi-final place over singer, Bailey. I know they've got a fair few fans out there, and it was amazing at first to see this little old lady being thrown around the stage. I feel now, though, among the rest of tonight's acts that they're a bit one-trick-pony-ish. They have a good chance of getting the win, but I hope they don't!

Bars and Melody

Ah these boys, real names Leondre Devries and Charlie Lenehan, are lovely! Simon's Golden Buzzer act could well win it tonight, but could equally be overseen, considering the high quality of singers in the final. They're cheeky chaps, and I'm rooting for them. (Remind you of anyone? Ant and Dec?)

Jack Pack

No denying, these are my FAVOURITES, and so far, I'm hoping they win! They've got great presence, and can sing swing like the best of the bunch.

Jon Clegg

He was picked as the judges Wild Card, after losing out in the first semi-final. He made me laugh and his impression of Dec is one to remember. I wish acts like this did a little better than they seem to in BGT, as Jon brings old school variety back to its best. And that's what it's all about!

Well there you have it - a round up of tonight's finalists!

Enjoy the show, Jolly's!

CHECK OUT MORE REALITY TV STORIES ON TELLY JOLLY







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...